It’s amazing how much you can learn in just a few hours working at the Farm!
If you’ve always wanted to find out more about The Talking Farm but weren’t sure how, this is it! Work days are a great chance to immerse yourself in nature, talk to other enthusiastic volunteers, and build our food community. It’s like taking a condensed class in horticulture, history, and sustainability.
Work Days are open to the public and there is no need to register or RSVP.
Volunteering is Easy!
- Tools, gloves, and ice water are provided
- Dress for the weather, in casual clothes and closed toe shoes
- Just show up for as much time as you’d like during a scheduled work day, and come ready to work and learn!
- This calendar reflects the most current schedule; call Matt at 847-440-6997 to check for weather cancellations or other questions
If you haven’t signed a waiver, either download a form and bring it with you, or sign a form when you get to the Farm. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
Is your group looking for a unique service opportunity? We’d love to have you out on the Farm! We’ve hosted Work Days for many different corporate groups, schools, and other organizations. Spending some time working on our Farm is a great team building exercise and it’s always nice to get out in the sunshine.
We can work with your schedule to find a time that works for your group. Drop us a line using our contact form, and include the following details:
- Name of organization and contact info
- Approximate number of volunteers
- Age range of volunteers
- List of a few preferred dates and times
- Any other special considerations we should know about
United Airlines volunteered and helped out on some major projects! Check it out here.